A variety of databases, indexes, and guides are available to to assist with locating and using records in the Vermont State Archives:
- Archival Records Database: the primary catalog of records in the Vermont State Archives.
- Nye Index to the Manuscript Vermont State Papers: a name and subject index to some of the earliest records of Vermont State government, 1777–1861.
- Surveyor Maps and Lotting Plans: a searchable online collection of early town maps and lotting plans.
- Photographs: information about photographs in the State Archives, some of which can be researched online.
- Governors’ Inaugural and Farewell Addresses: a searchable collection of the inaugural and farewell speeches of Vermont’s chief executives.
Published Guides and Indexes
- A Guide to the Henry Stevens, Sr. Collection: a published guide to Henry Stevens, Sr.’s collection of early Vermont records, 1753–1862.
- Index to the Papers of the Surveyor General: a published index to the early records of Vermont’s Surveyors General which include charters, maps, plans, and survey notes.
- Vermont Municipalities: An Index to their Charters and Special Acts: a published index to the charters and special acts for each municipality.
- Vermont Legislative Reports: An Index to Reports found in the Journals of the Vermont House and Senate: a published index to reports found in legislative journals, 1800–1950.
- Vermont Corporations: An Index to Private Corporations Formed by the Legislature: a published index to corporations created by legislative act, 1777–1913.
- A Guide to the Papers of Vermont’s Governors: a published guide to Vermont’s gubernatorial records held across many repositories, 1778–1985.