Open Government & Ethics
- Got Transparency? – presentation of Vermont’s open meeting laws and access to public records laws (2014).
- A Guide to Open Meetings – guide outlining the requirements of Vermont’s open meeting laws (2014).
- A Matter of Public Record: A Guide to Vermont’s Public Records Law – introduction to the subject of public records. It is written for use by those who seek access to public records, and for the custodians of those records (2014).
- View a searchable database of Vermont’s Public Records Laws, fee schedules and for a sample public records request letter.
- Drawing Clear Lines: Adopting Conflict of Interest Ordinances for Local Officials – short pamphlet discussing existing laws regulating the conduct of local officials and outlining a municipality’s ability to adopt binding rules of ethics and what should go into such rules (2000).
- Born to Chair – introduction to the science and art of chairing a board meeting (Vermont Institute for Government 1998).
- Disability Etiquette: A Guide to Respectful Communication – tips for people who serve the public, designed to ensure effective and respectful communication with members of the public who have disabilities (2014).